Toasted Coconut Ladoo Recipe
There are many varieties of Ladoos depending on the regions, family, festivals, and taste. These softballs mostly cooked for Indian festivals. These fudge balls have only 4 ingredients and ready only in 20 minutes. It is easy to cook and instant recipe. You can eat them as for as dessert or with tea.
- 1.5 cups dried shredded coconut or fresh shredded coconut
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or coconut cream (for fudgier)
- Seeds of green cardamom pod or use other flavors like vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest
- ⅓ cup raw sugar, coconut sugar or jaggery powder
- a pinch of salt
- Blend coconut shred to make small shred or coarse size shred for a few seconds then add cardamom seeds and blend it again.
- Dry toast the coconut shred over low heat. Toast until the coconut converts into golden color for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Now add coconut milk or cream and cook for 2 minutes. Then add sugar and salt and increase the heat and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook until the liquid absorbs and doesn't leak any moisture when squeezed or pressed.
- Cool at room temperature then shapes into balls. Serve it.
- Keep these ladies in refrigerate for up to a week.
- Use other flavors like vanilla or lemon zest or cinnamon in place of cardamom.
- Add 1 or 2 spoons of chocolate powder to make chocolate coconut balls.