Recipe of Apple Pumpkin Softies
If you are looking for an instant dessert recipe then go through this. You can eat this muffin as a dessert or at a tea time. It is easy to cook dessert. You can enjoy the taste of fruits, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a single dish. It is diabetic friendly and substitutes for health diet conscious. Have a look and try this out.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded apple
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Firstly preheat oven at 350°F. line a sheet of parchment paper on shallow baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
In a second bowl mix egg, shredded apple, pumpkin, brown sugar, and oil. Now add egg mixture and flour mixture in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan with the help of tablespoon. Sprinkle dried cranberries on the batter and bake them for 10 to 12 minutes until light brown.
- For checking, Insert a toothpick in it, if it comes out clearly that means it is fully baked. If some batter stick on this toothpick then bakes for 2 to 3 minutes.
You can store these cookies in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for 2 months.