Mango Lassi Pie
Mango Lassi is a classic Indian drink, made with fresh mangoes and yogurt, so Mango Lassi Pie sounds like a great idea. A small amount of lime zest and cardamom add flavor in it. This is a low calorie and healthy dessert. Take a look at this yummy pie.
- 1 1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Low-Fat Plain Yoghurt
- 3/4cup Cream Cheese(Low Fat)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest, and for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- For Filling:
- 3 cups of fresh chopped ripe mango, plus more for garnish.
- Prep time- 45 min
- Ready in- 13 hrs 15 min
ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS PIE
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9-inches pie pan with cooking spray.
- For prepare Crust: Mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon lime zest in a large bowl. Press evenly into the bottom and sides of the coated pan. Bake the crust until golden brown for about 10 to 15 minutes, then cool fully on a wire rack.
- For prepare Filling: Blend mango in a food processor until smooth. Strain from a sieve for removing fibers from it. After filtrate pours the puree of mango and adds yogurt, cream cheese, cardamom, lime zest and juice, honey and a pinch of salt in a blender. Blend to a smooth mixture. Spread this filling evenly onto the cooled crust.
- Freeze the pie until hard for about 12 hours.
- For the serve, keep this pie at room temperature about 30 minutes before cutting. Garnish with small pieces of fresh mango or with lime just (according to your taste).