Enticing Apple Tart
Surely the apple is the noblest of all the fruits and when it comes to health it is a renowned saying that ‘an apple a day keeps the doctors away.
Eating an apple in the old conventional way can be boring and you might give up on apples. So, for those who want to fix apple in their diet in a healthy and a different way can try and cook an apple tart for themselves. Watch out the recipe.
- 2/3 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and ground
- 1 (8 ounces) package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup light dairy sour cream
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon low sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 medium red cooking apples, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon low sugar orange marmalade
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 1 h 55 min
- In a small bowl mix oats, whole wheat flour and ground pecans and set it aside. Take a large bowl and mix half of the cream cheese and the butter. Beat them together with a high-speed device for 30 seconds. Add orange peel, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; beat until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven for 375* F. pat the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased tart pan with removable bottom.
- Line partly with a double thickness of foil that has been coated with nonsticky cooking spray. Bake for 4 minutes and then bake again for 3 minutes removing the foil.
- Leave it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In between, take a medium sized bowl & mix the remaining cheese, the egg white, sour cream, 2 tablespoon orange marmalade, a ground cardamom and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. And then spread into the crust.
- Arrange apple slices into two parallel rings and atop the cream cheese mixture in the tart pan, overlapping slices slightly. Cover top of the Apple tart with Aluminium foil.
- Bake for atleast 35 minutes. Uncover it and bake for 10 to 15 minutes again, until crust turns golden brown leaving apple just tender.
- Put 2 tablespoon orange marmalade in a small microwave safe container. Cover and microwave it on 50 % power for 10 seconds.
- Stir it and microwave again for about 10 seconds or more, until it melts. Brush over apples.
- Serve tart either warm or cool.
Do try and cook the apple tart to please and surprise your tummy today. Won’t your tummy be happy receiving an apple tart instead of just an apple bite?
Eat healthly! Stay healthy!