Adai- A diabetes diet recipe for weight loss
This easy to make snack is a traditional south Indian recipe made with rice and pulses and diabetic patients can consume it without worrying about rising the blood sugar levels.
- Rice: 2 tbsp
- Split red lentil: 3 tbsp
- Split green gram: 3 tbsp
- Split black lentils: 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds: 1 tsp
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Green chillies: 2 (finely chopped)
- Grated ginger: 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander: 2 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tsp
- Salt: To taste
- Garlic Tomato Chutney: 4 tbsp
Method to Prepare:
- Properly wash the Pulses, rice and the fenugreek seeds and soak them in separate vessels for at least 2 hours.
- After draining, keep them aside
- Take the pulses, rice, fenugreek seeds and in a blender. Add some water and blend them to make a smooth paste.
- Now, add green chillies, coriander, ginger,salt and mix well. Pour some water in it (if required).
- Take a non stick pan and heat it by greasing lightly with the oil.
- Spread about 2 tbsp of the batter in the heated pan, to make an adai.
- Cook both sides till it turns golden brown.
- Repeat the process and make 7 more adais.
- Serve hot with the tasty tomato chutney and enjoy.